Sunday, November 05, 2006

In the words of Lloyd Bridges (almost)

It looks like I picked the wrong month to give up drinking.

A succession of leaving parties for my erstwhile flatmate, Texan Lisa, followed by a good deal of taking The Artist out on the town, and, just for good measure, my birthday, followed by my young pal The Crazy Pole's birthday (and you know how Poles love to drink!), followed by the 2nd Anniversary party for the Haiku Bar....

I was seriously planning a month or so of total abstinence to try and get in shape for a marathon, but instead.... the last four weeks have just been wall-to-wall boozing.

It's been fun, but it's been crazy. I need a bit of chill-out and de-tox for a little while.

That's the plan anyway. It's never easy to stick to a plan like that in this town....

No comments: