Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cured?

The Bookseller always used to say that when one of his romantic relationships was on the decline, he could always recognise the moment when he'd begun to fall out of love because his girlfriends "started to seem shorter".
 
I happened to run into my Great Lost Love last week.  And she was, I thought, quite frankly, looking a bit rough.  Well, it's four years on from our affair, I suppose; and she's entered her 40s now, or getting very close; and this harsh Beijing environment does take it out of you!  Hardly surprising that she wouldn't be looking quite as captivating as when we first met.  Particularly since we are so prone to romanticize the past!
 
But, perhaps.... perhaps I am finally getting over her.
 
I still find her very attractive in all sorts of ways: she's feisty, passionate, creative, intelligent, opinionated - very much a soulmate.  But the fierce tug of lust I once felt towards her seems to have withered.  Probably a good thing, I should say.
 
 

No comments: