Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Gig Too Far

Alas, poor Otway!

It seems his 'World Tour' plan was just a little too grandiose to be practicable after all, and the event was called off at the last minute. This wasn't very apparent from the tour website; and I'd never quite got around to signing up for the mailing-list; and my e-penpal on his "special friends" mailing-list had heard, but forgot to tell me. So, there I was, beating myself up about having missed his scheduled Asia gig, when the thing never actually happened.

I feel...... well, not sure quite what I feel: relieved for myself, but bad for him, I suppose. I hope the affair hasn't saddled him with huge debts. He seems to be bouncing back from the disappointment with superhuman resiliency, still gigging away crazily in the UK.

There's a rather fine article from The Independent about his life and work here.

No comments: