Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Traffic report: blog stats for December '06

There were 31 new posts on Round-The-World Barstool Blues last month - a new record! That's a total of nearly 12,000 words. Admittedly the previous month's output had been slightly restricted by a 5-day out-of-town jaunt, but that's still a rather big month-on-month increase. I think there has been a bit of a seasonal boost over the past week or so - too much time on my hands over the holidays!

Expect things from now on to be more like the 25 or so posts, 8,000-10,000 words per month that we saw in both October and November.

There were around 420 visits to the site, very slightly more than the previous month.

I've no idea about the pageview and visit length stats, since www.sitemeter.com seems to have given up sending me any information on this. I will try to install the monitoring package from www.statcounter.com that was recently recommended to me by my IT-geek penpal Livy, and see if that's any more helpful or reliable.

As at the beginning of the New Year, there were 91 posts on the site, and there had been 1,105 visitors.

Also [cue: portentous drumroll] we had our first casual visitors to the site: at least three people outside of my immediate circle of acquaintance left comments last month. (I think one of them counts as my first 'troll': I've taken to deleting his contributions - not because they're obnoxious, but just because they're gibberish.)

I hope these positive trends continue. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 'Beta' version of Blogger soon, which may enable me to add all sorts of new bells & whistles.

Anyway, I hope you've been enjoying my rants and reminiscences so far. Please keep reading.

No comments: