Thursday, March 29, 2007

The lines are open again

After 10 days or so of being 'blocked' by government censors in my country of residence (a move which has severely interrupted traffic to this blog, since most of my handful of regular-ish readers are based here too, and many of them are insufficiently Net-savvy to know what a proxy server is), Blogspot is now restored to us.

Although posting has continued unabated via the uninterfered-with Blogger site, I am not sufficiently Net-savvy myself to have found a way of leaving comments during the period of this blog blockade (Hmm, a 'blogkade'? Oh, no, please no - horrible invention!); and neither has any of my commenters in this country (neither of them, that is). That is the reason for the deafening silence in the 'comments' sections of late. I hope we'll hear some lively babble there again soon.

And let's hope Blogspot remains free of any further such ridiculous suppression.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in favor of you posting all our comments sent via email during the blockade (no, i don't want to start using blogkade - lest it catches on only to become an even more regular occurance than it already is!)

that should liven things up again.

on a side note, my home 'net has been spazzing for two weeks - bizarre and unexplained loss of 'net - anyone know what's up? or is it just the cleaning ladies mop handle that keeps hitting the switch for 'net access for my 'hood?

Froog said...

Or they might be re-laying cable in your neighbourhood. I think that was the problem with my home connection from October through to December.