Friday, March 16, 2007

Who's the lucky birthday blog?

Everybody's gonna sing!

A John Otway reference - in addition to his many other notable contributions to British music, the great man has penned probably the best-ever birthday song, "Who's the lucky birthday boy?"

Today, Barstool Blues comes of age. Well, it hits the 6-month mark anyway (a week or so behind its elder twin, Froogville).

Thank you for reading (both of you). Tell your friends (both of them).

Expect more of the same (and a little of the different) over the next six months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Happy Birthday :)
(half birthday, that is)

as it is a bar blog - I expect the main celebration to be a bar crawl... let me know if you come across any particularly good versions of homemade ginger ale.

Froog said...

Actually the best home-made ginger ale I ever came across was in a little Jamaican restaurant in Manhattan. I forget the address (and I think it's not there any more; seem to remember I checked and was disappointed a few years ago), but it was just behind the White Horse pub on the Lower West Side (celebrated hangout of the poet Dylan Thomas).

None to be had in this town, I fear.

No real celebrations on blogoversary night. Trying to 'cut down', you know.