Saturday, March 31, 2007

Worthy endeavours

Or not, as the case may be.

Earlier this month, I quoted a 'Wizard of Id' cartoon in which the drunken court jester, propping up the bar, is goaded into declaring some goal or objective for himself in order to give his life 'meaning', and retorts:
"I'm aiming to be customer of the month."

The principal reason for the uncommonly prolific posting from the Barstool lately is that, at the start of the month, with no other motivation than a pure impulsive whim, I decided I'd see if I could post something every day this month.

And I think I've managed it. (I can be oddly obsessive once I've set my mind to something; it worries me at times!) But it was bloody exhausting.

Expect a return to the more usual 4 or 5 a week next month. Less tiring for you, less tiring for me - everybody's happy.

No comments: