Sunday, June 17, 2007

Here come the hordes???

From time to time, I spend 10 minutes or so noodling around with Google or other search engines to see if I can get any good search results - or any results at all - for my two blogs, the Barstool here and Froogville.

And lordy, lordy, what did I just discover? "Favourite bars in China" currently returns only TWO results - BOTH of them for the Barstool.

OK, maybe that isn't such an obvious search term combination. But it doesn't seem to me as though it would be a very uncommon one either.

I wonder what would happen if I changed that category title to 'Best Bars in China'?

Damn, there are only THREE returns on that. This could be my route to fame & glory.

Then again, 'fame & glory' was never really my thing. Tried it once, didn't like it.

Continuing the experiment, I find that there are only 6 returns thus far for 'Best bars in Beijing'. And 9 for 'Worst Bar in Beijing' - one of which is my post on the execrable Centro (I worry that even bad publicity may profit their wretched business); and another of which is that post plagiarized on an EBizDeal, a compilation of China news used as an advertisement for an IT services company.

My 'visibility', it seems, is improving. What will this mean for the future of this cosy little 'den' that Tulsa has begun referring to as her 'basement'???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

mixed emotions.

you certainly deserve a book deal, so welcome one, welcome all - right?

but the selfish part of me enjoys the intimate basement gathering of friends. The regular visitors (The British Cowboy, Earthling, me) and the occasionals (Ali, Georg), all who stop by to have a chat with the Maestro of wordplay & drink, The King of the Basement - Froog.

ah, but change is good. And if I didn't know how to deal with it, I surely would never survive in Beijing. So, bring on the change. I'm ready.

And more importantly, I think Froog is ready for the attention. Any book agents out there?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Froog, well done!! Good on you!
What if you concentrated on bars in China seen through the eyes of and Expat?? Would that not give the world a helping hand, and you the readership you wish to recieve?

I have done something similar which tought me that "We are all earthlings" is actually the title of a song by the Sesame Streen. I never knew that before! And I have been living on earth for more than 30 years.