Friday, October 19, 2007

HBH 49

Giving up beer is hard

Cheaper than water,
Longed-for lift to the spirits;
A cosy habit.



Yep, I have been attempting to give up - or at least cut down on - drinking beer for the past month or so, as part of my marathon-training regime, but somehow it's just not been happening. I had a really firm resolve (once upon a time, I forget exactly when) that I was going to go completely dry for a month after my birthday this weekend.... but I fear I'm not very confident of sticking to that any more.

"Willpower is the first casualty of middle age."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think cutting backs is a good effort. None seems a little sever and hard to maintain? Maybe less for a long time is better than none for a month?

Anonymous said...

no answers yet (that I've noticed) on who this mysterious "fg" is... but with advice like that, I take back my initial guess that he was one of the guys... fg, you must be a woman.

hey, froog, you hit 5,000! whoohee! when did that happen? Did Earthling make it?

Earthling, how are you?

Anonymous said...

"fg, you must be a woman"

Thanks Tulsa! I like to think I am in touch with my feminine side.

The British Cowboy said...

If I had a feminine side I would be in touch with it as often as possible...

Thanks - I'll get my coat...

Froog said...

Services offered, on The British Cowboy's private business card:

Affront

Provocation

Tone Lowering