Friday, October 26, 2007

Jianghu, again

My fizzled evening yesterday - networking plans scuppered by the party organisers' disastrous, incomprehensible choice of the Turd Palace as their venue - was redeemed, as so often, by dropping in to Jianghu on the way home.

I introduced a couple of friends to the place for the first time, hung out with a couple of the 'regulars' (that should probably be 'inevitables'), and enjoyed D & N doing their inimitably mellow thing. Zoe the gorgeous accordionist sat in with them for a few numbers. And J-S, another French guitar whizz, was also on hand to play a short set of his own.


Yet again, I rather lost track of the time - not managing to tear myself away until after 2.30am. (Not getting to bed until nearly 4. Getting up again for work before 8: today was a day of limited productivity!)

As I've probably said before: God, I love that place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"'regulars' (that should probably be 'inevitables')"

That doesn't sound very promising. Were they hard work - too loud, a little argumentative, conversation dominating?

Froog said...

No, I just mean that if your attendance is that frequent, you become something more than 'regular'.