Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Great Kissing Debate....

.... comes at a particularly inopportune time for me.

And in case you wonder what I'm rambling about now - the utterly fabulous Moonrat (yes, what can I say? It's a 'blog-crush'!) happened upon this article a day or two ago on (alleged) gender differences in attitudes to kissing, which in turn provoked this discussion on her blog, to which I have felt moved to make a number of contributions.

And it's bad timing because? Because, just as I am poised on the brink of possible decisive action with Madame X, it reminded me that just about every English girl I've ever kissed has been somewhere in the Poor-to-Terrible range as a kisser. And Madame X, despite being utterly lovely in so many, many ways..... is very English.

After all these months of frustrated yearning and wistful anticipation, I am now in a quivering funk that it may all fizzle embarrassingly with the first kiss. I know that's always a danger with a first kiss, but in this case it seems like more than just your justifiable 5-1, Russian Roulette-style gamble. Statistics would seem to indicate that it is a racing certainty. Then again, the sample I'm basing this prejudice on isn't exactly huge. Maybe I've just been freakishly unlucky on those half dozen or so previous occasions. Maybe....


"In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions
That a minute will reverse."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Intriguing... will try to drop by Moonrat's place and see this debate.

In the meantime, your post has brought to my attention the surprising lack of mistletoe amongst the otherwise overdone Christmas decorations around town.

What's up with that?

moonrat said...

blog crush, eh? too bad you don't know who i am.

Froog said...

Oh, I'm sure I could find out, if I so chose, MR. England is such a small country after all - I probably went to school with Robert's nephew, or something.

But for now, I prefer to keep the air of mystery about you.

And you have invited me on a "Foosball date" the next time I'm in NYC. I'm going to hold you to that!