Saturday, December 15, 2007

Naughty, naughty, Choirboy!

The Choirboy, my intended companion at the gig last night, chose to abandon me - bastard!

Finding myself standing next to SUBS' Tasmanian Devil of a lead singer, the extraordinarily sexy Kang Mao, I couldn't resist sending him a brief text message to taunt him with this news.

He replied, naughty man that he is:
"Ah, go onnnnnn - chat her up. Get her attention! Pinch her bum!"

I answered demurely:
"Oh, no - I couldn't possibly do that. Too much respect. Too much fear."

She is lovely; but her stage persona is utterly terrifying!

The former quality is more in evidence in this photo (from a recent That's Beijing Homes article, linked to under her name, above):

2 comments:

Froog said...

Reviewing and deleting my old text messages, I note that my initial KM comment to The Choirboy had been: "Ooh, ooh - I'm stood right next to Kang Mao. Eat your heart out! Alas, she is completely focused on this other band's music - it would seem impolite to interrupt."

I have said 'hi' to her a couple of times before; so I don't think I'd need anything so crude as a bottom-pinch to initiate a conversation. But the time was really not fitting just then.

I am also reminded that an hour or so and quite a few more beers later, I sent this follow-up message: Well, I did just rub up against Ziyo Helen on the way to the loo. It was an accident, honestly! She + her bandmates were forming a human barricade in front of the entrance..."

Froog said...

I further observed on that brief encounter with Helen, comparing my feelings about her with mine for KM: "Equal respect. Slightly less fear."