Saturday, December 08, 2007

Return of The Man In Black

I was out till 4.30am again last night. This is becoming a habit.

Not at all an unpleasant habit..... Well, not if I were 10 years younger, 10lbs lighter, substantially more wealthy, and didn't have to work all week.... As it is, I am thinking it is really not the way I wanted to start the weekend.

Dammit, Froog, snap out of it! You just need to get back in practice.

I remember my first time in New Orleans, calling my mum in England from a payphone after my first 2 or 3 days there, and saying, when asked how I was enjoying it, "Oh, it's great - but I'm getting a little tired. I think there's only so much of 24-hour-opening bars and a live jazz club on every street corner that a man can stand."

And she said, sadly, teasingly, "Oh, Froog - you sound as if you're getting old."

Me? Old?? Never!

Next week, MIB, next week...... I'll send you home first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first, I find this post touching.

second, yah, I recently realized that since my return from October Break, I'd been partying pretty strong until about 2 weeks ago. And now, suddenly, I'm all suburban with my trips to Walmart and Dinners with Family Friends and I'm turning down invites to late night Wii parties, Comedy shows, Gigs, Cafe Crawls, and Pizza&Drinks chill outs.

And, I think I'm okay with it. There is, in fact, only so much 24-hour partying and live music a person can take... for me, it was about 2 months' worth. But no worries, I'm sure I'll have my little rest then come back in full form just in time for the End-of-December "break". It's not like I have any other reason not to be out partying every night.

I wonder if MIB is sticking around for the Break.

The British Cowboy said...

I haven't partied in so long, it seems. One more week and then the bars will suffer!

More importantly, you can't use the name "Man in Black" without causing a dark gloom to settle over me. Ah Johnny, how we miss you.