Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wish List

I happened to get a sneak peak a little while ago at Martin Barnes's new book of photo portraits of all the leading bands on Beijing's rock music circuit. For me, I fear, this is a must-have.

I'd put it on my Christmas List, but...... well, Christmas is a very long way away..... and nobody buys me presents any more, anyway.

Oh damn - I suppose I'll just have to take myself down to The Bookworm to buy myself a copy..... before they all sell out.


Correction
: I got the wrong guy! How embarrassing! I've met the British artist, Martin Barnes, once or twice, and I had somehow mistakenly got the impression this book was his work. In fact, the photographer responsible is called Matthew Niederhauser, and his book is titled SoundCapital. I just picked up my copy from The Bookworm. Hmmm, my acquisition of art books is getting a little out of control. I think I need a larger coffee table.....

No comments: