Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taking a month off!

I have no more work until....... well, after the dratted Olympics, probably.

Not quite true: I am wrapping up the final class of the only teaching I have on at the moment tomorrow, I have one or two meetings about possibly fixing up something similar for later in the year, there are some loose ends on a teacher recruitment project to be dealt with, I have a long-ish but fairly straightforward writing task to polish off by the end of next week, there are a few outstanding fees to be chased up, and - doubtless - many, many e-mails to write on this and that. But this is all fairly low-grade, undemanding stuff compared to what I've been putting myself through over the last 3 or 4 months.

Today was the last day on which I had any significant work scheduled - this month, or for the foreseeable future.

It also just happens to be 5kuai shots night in my reliable local, Room 101. "Why, good evening, Mr Beam. It's so nice to make your acquaintance again."

2 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

If youa re drinking Jim Beam, I am sure I can ship you a case of Draino over. In case you wanted to move up in the world.

Froog said...

NOt a fan of Beam, huh?

Me neither, but it seems to taste better the cheaper it is. And it was only 60 or 70 cents a shot.

In fact, even better than that. I disapprove of drinking whiskey - even Beam - from a shot glass, so insisted on a tumbler instead. And the goofy barman - whether from affection for me or mere incompetence, I know not - was free pouring with ridiculous liberality: I was getting doubles or trebles all night.

Yes, I got very mashed up.