Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Traffic Report - blog stats for June

There were 52 posts and around 18,000 words over on Froogville last month.

Here on the Barstool, there were 38 posts and getting on for 11,000 words.


In addition, there were a whopping 57 comments on my EURO 2008 football thread (at least three-quarters of them my own!), with a total of 7,500 words.

If you add in one or two contributions to The BookBook, my various comments on other blogs, and my guest post on Moonrat's EditorialAss last week, I probably wrote nearly 40,000 words last month (and it had felt like a rather sluggish month, because of the depression I'd been suffering! Perhaps depression in fact feeds the urge to write?). What I really need to do is trim that back by at least half..... and devote the other 20,000 words to THE NOVEL (or the short stories, or the travel book, or whatever 'it' is going to be).

We don't seem to have attracted as many exotic new visitors as in recent months (but - hello, India and Pakistan!), with the UK, the US, and the 'unknown' hordes of proxyland providing the bulk of my readers - although The Barstool (perhaps because of that football thread?) did bring in isolated visits from Spain, Germany, and, er, Finland.

What will this month have in store?

No comments: