Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Cinco de Drinko OLYMPICO

There's a new-ish Tex-Mex place in Sanlitun called Saddle Cantina.

To be honest, it's the kind of place I don't love: too large, too darned popular, a little too expensive. However, since it has only been open a few months, and I've so far only been there three times (once without stopping to drink anything), I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for a while longer.

It does have one wonderful saving grace: in emulation of the great Mexican-American holiday of Cinco de Mayo, it has a special promotion on the fifth day of every month: Cinco de Drinko - AN ALL-DAY HAPPY HOUR.

Now, this is likely to engender just the kind of riotous excess that the authorities here want to stamp out during the Olympics. I am very surprised that the event hasn't been banned. But, as far as I know, it hasn't. So, I'm heading off down there to check it out shortly.

I hope to see many friends there.

This could be THE big pre-Olympic party!

No comments: