Sunday, October 05, 2008

Radio Silence

The social life has been in a bit of a slump this week.

It has been a particularly bad week for uncommunicativeness. No-one has e-mailed me this week. No-one has phoned me. (Well, I hardly ever get phone calls, anyway. We all exist on text messages these days.) Hardly anyone has sent me a text message. I've sent quite a few, but probably 95% of them have gone unacknowledged. Between Wednesday and Friday I couldn't raise a peep out of anyone.

A few people, no doubt, had gone out of town during this holiday week (although most hadn't). Some may have been otherwise "busy" (unlikely!). Some may have been suffering glitches with their mobile phones or with the SMS network (ah, the easy excuses!!). But no - I think in fact most people are just f***ing lazy about replying to messages.

Have my pleas for companionship really become so pathetic, my demands for attention so tiresome?? I fear it may be so.

The sense of neglect and isolation does rather exacerbate the depression I always seem to feel at this time of year.

No comments: