Friday, October 03, 2008

Traffic Report - the blog stats for September

After the Olympic blitz in August, things returned to 'normal' last month (although I worry that 'normal' is still way too prolific for either my good or yours, dear readers).

On Froogville there were 56 posts and nearly 18,000 words.

On the Barstool there were 40 posts and around 11,000 words.


I think I should aim to trim that ridiculous rate of output back by at least 25-30%.


I'm not sure quite what different methods of counting are used, but according to the rather more detailed traffic analysis I get from Statcounter I'm now getting 600-700 unique visitors to each of my blogs each month; that's considerably more than is recorded in the visitor-counter in the sidebars (which comes from Sitemeter; I'm not sure why I chose that in the first place, but I'm kind of stuck with it now - though it is evidently pretty cruddy). Also, curiously enough, last month, for the first time, the Barstool actually edged ever so slightly ahead of its big brother in number of visits - I wonder what can have brought this about.

We welcomed new visitors from Italy and Cyprus on the Barstool, and from Mauritius on Froogville. And I now have fairly regular readers in Dubai and Kosovo. Going up in the world indeed!!

Attentive readers will have noted that both blogs passed their second anniversaries last month. Can I keep this going for another year? I'm not sure. We'll see.

No comments: