Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yet another drinking excuse!

Today, I learn, is "Austrian National Day". A day, I imagine, for donning one's best lederhosen and consuming even more beer and sausages than usual. I really wouldn't know, since the festival is apparently unknown to Wikipedia.

I had been hoping to add Eric Cartman's notorious "German Dance" on here as well, but at present YouTube is unusable for me (I'm not sure if it's more government interference from the Commie killjoys I live among, or just the feeble processing power of my antiquated computer). You know the one, anyway: relive it in your memories. That was what we had to do, after all, with our favourite TV moments before the days of VCR and TiVo and YouTube and boxed-set DVDs.

Anyway, I wish a happy day to any Austrian readers out there.

(To my knowledge, I have only one Austrian friend - and he was the one who told me it was 'National Day' today. I suppose he might just be making up his own private excuse to consume a lot of beer and sausages.)

No comments: