Friday, November 07, 2008

A brief plug...

The remodelling of the former Room 101 on Andingmennei took a little longer than planned, but it is now pretty much done - well, all apart from the odd loose wire and a tiny lick of touch-up paint here and there. Oh, and finalising the menu!

The new place (same ownership, fresh 'concept') is going to be more of a restaurant than a bar, but will retain the bar - and the weekend live music - downstairs. They've settled on the name Gingko. (I think I rather preferred their original idea of Terracotta - although I find both a bit twee, and definitely suggestive of a fancy-schmancy Mediterranean bistro type of place rather than a bar.)

It will be another week or two before they're ready for a formal launch, but the soft opening phase begins tonight.

I wish them well. And I'll probably look in at some point.....

1 comment:

Froog said...

Actually, I have to say, I think the name Gingko really sucks.

I'm not quite sure why, but it really annoys me. I just find it a rather ugly word. And does anyone really know what it is? Or even how to pronounce it?!

Gin Co., though..... that just might work as a name for a bar.