Thursday, May 07, 2009

Crunch!

In the Russian nightclub, it was very dark.

And we were, I confess, very drunk.

And we had ordered a bottle of vodka, to stop the waiters hassling us.

One of my companions appeared to have put the top back on the vodka bottle very tight. I tried to unscrew it, but couldn't get any purchase with my fingers. I tried to loosen it by gripping it between my teeth. And found myself biting directly on the glass neck of the bottle. Glass is considerably more abrasive than a tin bottle-top, and I pulverised one of my teeth. OUCH!!!

Remind me not to do that again.

The vodka, it transpired, had not been pouring because of one of those annoying plastic 'security devices' inside the neck. With the low level of lighting in the club, I just couldn't see that the top was not on the bottle.

Be warned, fellow revellers. Opening bottles with your teeth is never a particularly good idea - but especially not in a Russian nightclub.

No comments: