Thursday, June 18, 2009

Haunted

Fate is playing tricks on me again.

There is a rather striking woman who has, it would appear, moved to Beijing in the past 6 months or so, and is living, I must suppose, somewhere more or less in 'my' neighbourhood.

I keep seeing her everywhere. Everywhere. On the street. In bars. In coffee shops. At music gigs. At my favourite Xinjiang restaurant. Sitting on a stool on the sidewalk with friends beside some crappy snack stall. Everywhere.


Well, not quite everywhere. If she shows up in 12 Square Metres or Amilana or the Pool Bar, I suppose I'll have to try to get up the courage to talk to her.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no photo(s)?

you failed.

:)

Froog said...

What kind of person takes pictures of a total stranger? Not a good ice-breaker, I don't think.

The British Cowboy said...

A pervert.

I don't see why you haven't done it yet.

Froog said...

I haven't been taking my camera out much recently.


I know, I know - if I were more in touch with the times, I could snap her with a camera-phone, plaster her image all over my Facebook page, and that tweet that I'd done it.

But that's so NOT ME.

Froog said...

It happened again today!

Almost ran her down on a scooter (helmed with homicidal abandon by my letting agent, me perched helplessly on the back). Not quite the sort of "sweeping her off her feet" I had in mind!