Sunday, September 06, 2009

Dirty Deeds!

Great times last night with the one-off reunion of AC/DC cover outfit Dirty Deeds - one of this city's great laowai party bands, but defunct these past three years or so.  The guys' playing was impressively tight, considering how little rehearsal time (any??) they'd probably had, and Alex's guitar-playing seems to have got better (his place in the lineup originally being secured more by his spirited physical impersonation of Angus Young than his axemanship).  There was a good crowd of nostalgic old Beijing hands, and even Yugong Yishan's crappy sound system was much less crappy than usual (though that ridiculous high ceiling inevitably muddies things a bit).
 
Unfortunately, I have to work this morning - otherwise I would have been tempted to see if hell-raising frontman Jaime Welton made good on his threat to party all night after the show.
 
If I get through the next four hours of misery, I might go and see if the lads really are having a late, late breakfast at The Den....
 

3 comments:

welton said...

I made good on my threat.....just got home.....that creamy beef thing at the Den is great in the morning. Thanks everyone!! Very Fun!

Froog said...

Mr Welton, sir, is that really you? I half suspect my buddy The Weeble of some jesting imposture.

If it is you, well, then much respect. Putting on a rockin' show, drinking for several hours without pause, and still being compos mentis enough to write a blog comment!

We're not worthy, we're not worthy.

Unknown said...

That was me indeed! Sorry for late reply. Hope to see ya at some Black Cat Bone or Bad Mamasan gigs soon.

Rock!