Friday, December 11, 2009

HBH 161

A change in the world
Relief balances despair
News of her leaving
 
 
One of the sirens who has so thwarted my desires and sapped my confidence over the past few years has decided to quit Beijing - partly, she tells me, because she can't find a man.  I fear she is sadly misguided if she thinks she will have more luck in rural England!  And, as it happens, she has men, plenty of men (not just me!) falling at her feet here in Beijing, but she fails to notice.  Her problem is not 'the scene' here but the lack of space in her life for a man; and her failure to look for, or inability to see the eligible men in the community around her.  Silly, silly girl.
 
I should be gladdened at my release from the near-daily reminder that one person finds me the the most unfanciable man on the planet - but damn, I will miss her all the same.
 

No comments: