Monday, March 15, 2010

Embrace THE NOTHING

There's a new-ish boutique hotel in my neighbourhood, near the Bell Tower, called Zen, which also advertises a bar and restaurant.

It looks quite a promising spot, but I haven't got around to trying it out yet. Perhaps I've now missed my chance.

Tonight as I was walking home - not late, only around 10pm - it was completely dark, apparently closed.

Now, I'm pretty sure it had appeared to be open during the daytime, only a day or two earlier, so I don't think it's gone out of business. But how can a place like that close up that early?? Even if they have no guests currently, are they really not interested in the possibility of getting some fortuitous walk-in custom... or in merely advertising the fact of their existence in the neighbourhood? Even if they have given up on the idea of having any guests in the 'hotel' part of the business for the time being, why would they not persevere with keeping the bar open?

Bizarre it was. I may ask them what gives - if I ever manage to catch them open again.

No comments: