Monday, August 02, 2010

Go and read this

Usually it's all fun and frivol over here on my 'drinking blog' - but sometimes (a lot of the time, actually) China is not a country conducive to lightheartedness.

Part of the reason I'm giving up drinking this month is that I no longer trust my self-control: I am grieving, raging so much at the moment about the persecution of a Chinese friend that I really shouldn't put myself at risk of meeting a policeman, soldier, or party cadre while I'm drunk. Things might get unpleasant.

Please take a look at this post on my other blog, providing links to where you can find out more about the case of Wu Yuren - artist, family man, beautiful human being... and alleged 'enemy of the people'. It's things like this that should make us all think twice about living in a country like this.

No comments: