Sunday, October 03, 2010

A date with Nemesis

About the only kind of date I can get these days!

I'm off to spend the afternoon with my most formidable regular pool antagonist, New Dad, at his penthouse in the northern 'burbs - where he has his own pool table.  Last time I did this, I came away with only 3 or 4 games out of 15.  Let us hope for better this time.

I feel as though I've cast off the shroud of gloom that's dogged me for the last couple of weeks and was responsible for the utter misery I suffered at the Pool Bar two Mondays ago (I took a bit of a drubbing from JK at The Brick last week, but I was much happier with my game; not an entirely 'serious' competition that time - it's not a great table, and we were both horsing around a bit).  I'm feeling some confidence, some 'hunger' for the game again now.  Then again, I've been sick as a dog for the past few days and suffering from insomnia - so that may not help.  We shall see.

I sense that today may be an important predictor of how the rest of my week, and perhaps the whole of this month, is going to go.

Wish me luck!

No comments: