Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm not done with that

I think I have complained before about the astonishingly common Chinese habit of removing things from your table - swiftly, surreptitiously, without asking, and quite often without any good reason at all.

Most often, the menu.  This used to be a particular vice at Fubar (although now they seem to have switched to an alternate tactic to achieve the same end - not bringing you a menu in the first place).


The wait staff at 1st Floor have managed to elevate this irritating practice to gobsmacking new heights: last night, they whisked the food menu away from me FIVE TIMES.  Without asking me.  And without offering to take a food order.


I saw which way the wind was blowing and eventually went next door for a doner at Kebab Nation instead.

No comments: