Thursday, November 24, 2011

Froog Solutions (20)

Froog’s solution to the problem of having no American friends left with whom to share Thanksgiving….

Solo holiday fun, on a budget: get a turkey sandwich from Sequoia and watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles on DVD.



Oh, wait – that’s not going to work. My DVDs are in disorganised heaps all over the new apartment: it might take me hours to find a specific title. And I have repeatedly failed to discover Sequoia’s new – devilishly obscure – location; that scuppered my similar plans for a low-key Thanksgiving last year.

Still, it’s a plan – the best I can come up with at the moment.

I fear it’s going to be a glum and lonesome and turkey-less Thanksgiving for me this year. I’ll just have to hope there are some decent films on HBO tonight.

And I need to start taking precautions against Christmas becoming a similar washout.


Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

3 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

Turkey is out of the brine. Soon to go on the smoker for 10 hours - brined in apple cider and aromatics, smoking with apple wood.

Potatoes par baking in oven to be made into coriander rostis. Those I am taking to a friends house who is making the rest. Well I am also taking smoked salmon, apple pie, and roast parsnips for a taste of the UK.

I'll then have the 18 lb turkey for left overs.

Froog said...

What?! You've cooked a turkey just for yourself, just for leftovers?????

That is extravagantly gluttonous, even for you, BC.

I hope you day went well, and the indigestion isn't too crippling.

The British Cowboy said...

No it isn't gluttonous!

I always do it. Smoking a turkey is a day long event. I can't have it ready for the day, and a lot of people don't like it.

It's also a lot cheaper than other meats, so I am saving myself money. And given the fact I prefer cold turkey...