Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Party ON!


I know, I know..... yesterday I was claiming to be "off parties", but now.... I'm fully committed to having another one. The following invitation just went out.



Come celebrate.....
Bob Marley's Birthday!!

(and MY return to **** after a month-long absence!)

OK, the reggae legend was actually born on February 6th – I was originally planning to do this at the beginning of this month, but had to make an unscheduled trip back to the UK. Better late than never!


When:
This Saturday, March 3rd..... from about 3.30pm onwards

Please come early..... if you want food (I will be endeavouring to cook a few Jamaican dishes!)
[Note: In the interests of good relations with my neighbours, I generally aim to wrap my parties up by 9pm or 10pm; we will move on to a bar somewhere afterwards.]


Where: My place, of course (directions to follow)


Dress: Wear your natty dreads – or at least your nattiest threads


Bring: It'll be a drinking party, so please bring beer; or, if you're feeling generous – RUM (If you can get Jamaican rum anywhere, fantastic - but a word of warning: of the two brands I know, Appleton Estates Special Dark Rum is fine; Wray & Nephew's Overproof White Rum is VILE)



RSVP! (If I'm going to try to lay on Jerk Chicken and Planter's Punch for the masses.... it would be nice to know how massive those 'masses' are going to be.)



Cheers, Froog

One Love!


No comments: