Monday, March 05, 2007

Traffic report - belated blog stats for Jan, Feb

Despite my taking a leave of absence towards the end of the month, January saw a freakishly high number of new posts here on Barstool Blues (a record 31). The wordcount, however, was only around 7,500, very slightly lower than in previous months. Hence we conclude that there were more short posts - partly down to the new "bon mot of the week" strand, and partly down to the series of pictures I posted of Jem Finer's wacky music/sculpture project. There were a paltry 237 'unique visitors'. Hmmm, I guess for half a month, that's not bad, but.......

In February, I was silent for the first half of the month, but have begun blogging in earnest again over the past couple of weeks - 19 posts and nearly 6,000 words. 'Unique visitors' recorded (by Statcounter) as 288.... picking up sharply at the end of the month.

What will March have in store?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does it calculate your stalkers who check your blog multiple times a day? >:)

Anonymous said...

Changing tack a little... what I want to know is why the third-in-line to the throne is known by the surname "Wales" when he has a perfectly good one: "Windsor"?

Is it political correctness? Is it kow-towing to minorities? Are the royal family planning a bolt-hole should republicans withdraw what little power they hold in Westminster? Has he forgotten he already has a surname (easy to do, nowadays)? Sponsorship deal? Revulsion? Anyone know?

Froog said...

Caren, it distinguishes 'return visitors' by a 'cookie'.... but only for 1 or 2 hrs. If you disable or cancel your cookies, or come back several times a day at widely-spaced intervals, or via different terminals, you look like a whole bunch of people!

If you're doing that - keep up the good 'making me look more popular than I am' work!!

Mr A, what the heck are you going on about? I have always shared The Independent's attitude towards 'Royal news', i.e. that the phrase is a contradiction in terms. Even the death of Diana evoked complete indifference in me - although I suppose that did just about count as 'entertainment news'. I have NO INTEREST whatsoever in any of the Royals; and I find the opportunity to go months at a time without hearing any of them mentioned (or Tony Blair and that crew either, for that matter) is THE BEST THING about living overseas.

Froog said...

On the 'gratuitous inflation of blog stats'.... http://froogville.blogspot.com , the elder brother of my two blogs, is going to be 6 months old on Thursday. It would be rather nice if it had racked up 2,000 visitors by that point.... but I fear it is going to fall just a little short.

Anonymous said...

I will use my superpowers to help ensure that it reaches it's goal!!