Friday, April 20, 2007

Beware of Tequila!

I hadn't realised at the time, but I have learned from my friend who suffered the egregious 'crash & burn' chat up humiliation last week (wherein I was a helpless onlooker, impotent [innocent?] accomplice) that he had started drinking tequila shots a little earlier in the evening.

Ah, that would explain it.

The notorious '4 Phases of Tequila' - he was already in Phase 2, and heading rapidly towards Phases 3 and 4. Perhaps those T-shirt-makers should add Phase 5: Merciful Amnesia The Next Day to the list.

There are variations on the formula for the '4 Phases', but this is the version I like best.

1) Irresistibly witty.

2) Irresistibly attractive to the opposite sex.

3) Bullet-proof.

4) Invisible.


I note that most American versions of the formula have 'Rich' for No. 1 - which seems rather lame to me (but is perhaps an indication of what an excessively materialistic society America is). Does anyone seriously delude themselves that they are rich when drinking?? I think not. It derails the logical progression as well, since there is surely no real difference between 'rich' and 'attractive to the opposite sex' (Discuss).

No comments: