Friday, August 31, 2007

PWG

I'm not a big fan of acronyms. I think there are too many in the world already.

This one, however, I humbly suggest may have its uses; it may gain a currency amongst my drinking chums.

What is the image that forms in one's mind towards the end of a long tedious session at the office, particularly a Friday? The activity that seems the perfect antidote or restorative for the stresses of the working day? The fond daydream that gradually becomes a galvanising compulsion?

Why, a Post-Work Gargle, of course!

A quick drink at 6, anyone? Just the one, nothing too serious.....

4 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

I am not the biggest fan of the Friday afternoon post work beverage I confess. I like to get out of the office, get home, shower, and relax away from the people with whom I toil the whole week.

Then of course I get in a cab and go and get completely bladdered.

Froog said...

Oh, god, no I didn't mean have a drink with the people I work with. Just with other people who work.

I prefer to have a moderate sesh earlier in the evening, and then head home for my beauty sleep, rather than starting late and finishing tomorrow.

Also, I like to minimise the amount of travelling I do. In this city, in the summer, you're going to get sweaty going from A to B or from B to C by whatever means of transport. So there's really bugger all point in going from A to B just to have a shower before heading off to C and getting all sticky again.

Anonymous said...

Agreed with Froog. My PWG is never meant to be had with "co-workers"...

I prefer to leave work, meet up with friends and just see where and how long the night leads me. (Friday night was... the Tree -- just saw your post on it. Did not see the Bengali there last night, though, perhaps you sufficiently discouraged him?)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of acronyms either, but I must admit, I DO like 'RTFM' when someone needs guidance.