Friday, August 31, 2007

Something for the weekend!

I have just discovered that SUBS are playing at one of the music venues in my neighbourhood tomorrow night. Woo-hoo!

SUBS are the best live band in Beijing.

I know, I know, some people champion the cause of RETROS or Joyside or Brain Failure in regard to that heady accolade - or even, god help us, those insipid knob-twiddlers (with the appropriately insipid name), Lonely China Day.

Bollocks. It's SUBS. No argument. They are the best band in Beijing - by an order of magnitude.

And I haven't seen them since the Midi Festival four months ago. As it happens, I think I've only once before seen them play indoors. So, tomorrow night is a must.

It's good to have something to look forward to. Tonight threatens to be a bit dull....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well seeing the SUBS in Bejing sound ALOT more interesting than the prospect of a work related cocktail party at an over priced martini bar! It's rare that I can find any of my co-workers who even consider contemporary music an art form, much less an interest.

and....how's the weather? Here in Vermont - USA, it's high 60's (yes, F) and humid, a not so pleasant, but not awful combination.

Still wishing that I was in Edinburgh, the world is MUCH smaller and has much less of a sense of responsibilty when a person is in Edinburgh with a few thousand visitors, and a few thousand pubs.

Froog said...

I'd say about 75F and 60 or 70% humidity. And it's 11 o'clock at night.

This is relatively mild - the last gasp of the summer swelter. September's usually lovely here, one of the best months of the year.

Anonymous said...

Ah, SUBS, I'm totally out of the loop on what's, playing, but signed on here in time to still make it out to SUBS tonight... I'm tempted.

Froog said...

Aha, Tulsa, you're starting to get the blog-work balance back in your life at last?

Did you make it to the gig? I didn't see you there.

Never had you figured for a mosher... but you're full of surprises!