Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Beer = Fuel

The Choirboy was being a wuss about coming out to play one day last week, claiming that he "didn't have the energy" after a tough day at work. I had to remind him that: "Beer gives you energy!"

On this occasion, alas, he was unpersuadable.

I believe I recorded a similar observation on here once before (yes, here), when my occasional drinking companion (and spliff buddy) Danny The Aging Hippy was expressing similarly unimpressive reluctance to accompany me to a gig last year. I tried to coax him out with the text message: "I get all my energy from live music and beer!"

He replied: "I get mine from women and marijuana."

A spirited response; but I'm afraid I find those two indulgences decidedly tiring rather than energizing. Some folks got different kinds of metabolism, I suppose.

No comments: