Sunday, December 09, 2007

Serendipity

Last night, I finally got around to checking out a new bar on the fringes of my 'hood that has been producing some good word-of-mouth since it opened a month or two back. It's the place that the Man In Black keeps trying to persuade me to go to at 4 o'clock in the morning for one of its eccentrically timed 'happy hours' (it aims to keep going 24-hours-a-day, and I believe it has 4 or 5 of these just-when-you-least-expected-it discount hours..... but no-one ever seems to be quite sure when).

A fuller write-up will follow after second and third visits - but the initial impressions are mostly good.

Drinking alone there last night, I was moved to send the following SMS to certain of my regular drinking companions, including The Choirboy and MIB:
"They free-pour their spirits here! I just got a treble Glenfiddich for 40 kuai!! So long, been nice knowing you......."

No comments: