Saturday, September 27, 2008

Birthday Wish List - update

Forget about my flippant suggestions last week. What better gift could there be for the tippling bookworm than this??

OK, I'd prefer something non-religious. Thoughts Of Chairman Mao and The Communist Manifesto are really a bit too small. War and Peace, maybe. Or perhaps (cunningly appropriate) Whisky Galore!

Actually, I've always hankered after a hollowed-out book - ever since I was a kid watching spy thrillers and POW dramas, I suppose. And I can't think of a better use for such a hidey-hole than to house a nice silver flask of a good single malt.

Ah, a man can dream...


If you have a soft spot for this sort of religious kitsch, you must check out this article from The Times and this absolutely hilarious selection of 'Sporting Jesus' statuettes from the stupendously tacky http://www.catholicshopper.com/. (Thanks, yet again, to my friend Tolstoy for alerting me to these gems.)

No comments: