Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cinco de Drinko - Politico!

Yes, the Saddle Cantina's once-a-month drinks promotion is once again upon us. And since we all have something special to celebrate today (for many of us, the first time in our lifetimes that the Americans have elected a President who isn't an Embarrassment To The Free World), I think I will head on over there and get bladdered with ecstatically happy American Democrats.

(There are rumoured to be 2 or 3 Republicans in town, but I don't think I've ever met them. And I suspect that even they would not have wanted a religious nut-job like Mrs Palin to get anywhere near the White House.)

Join me, if you will.

This is a momentous day, and I will probably write more on it at some point - but right now, I am wasting valuable drinking time.

1 comment:

Froog said...

Yes, the California thing is sad. So is the fact that over half of the white male votes went against Obama.

In general, though, I'm very upbeat right now (unlike me, I know!). Although popping the cherry of electing a non-white President for the first time is pretty momentous, I'm more excited about the fact that he is a significant intellect - probably the brightest guy to get into the White House in a hundred years or more.

(Yeah, I know people said that Clinton was very smart, but he always seemed shallow and self-serving to me. IQ ain't the same as wisdom.)