Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bad Santa

Having managed to shirk the Santa duties at my girly chums' Christmas Party for the last two years, I suddenly find myself lumbered again with the role - this time in a 'private performance'. This is what you get for being the sole surviving bachelor when all of your friends have young children. I still insist that I am neither old enough nor fat enough (nor hearty enough nor philanthropic enough!) to play the part convincingly - but.... resistance is futile.

Costuming logistics are a bit of a hassle (I have to try to find a bar or a shop somewhere near the venue to do a quick change).... but I'm quite looking forward to it, really. DD - the evil genius behind the plan, hosting an afternoon party for several of her friends with kids - has promised me the traditional sherry & mince pies.

"Mmm - afternoon drinking!"........ as Homer J might say......

No comments: