Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamarama!

I am a big Obama fan (as regular readers may recall).

And I think his inauguration - especially in a time of such unprecedented economic turmoil - is a crucially important moment in history, probably one of a handful of key events in my lifetime. I'd like to stay up to watch it, even though it will be the wee small hours of tomorrow morning here in Beijing.

Plus, of course, I love any excuse for a party.

And I've had enough of that whole abstinence thing now. It's getting to be a bit of a bore. And I think I've proved my point. I've de-toxed, slimmed down, and broken myself of some sub-prime habits (i.e. drinking when there's really no particular excuse to do so, especially at home!). Anyway, I always said I would allow myself the odd exception to the self-denying rule this month, for really special occasions. And I think this is one.

The trouble is...... no-one else seems to think so. I'm having the devil of a time trying to assemble a posse!


Drinking alone, but drinking to HISTORY!

2 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

Happy Days Are Here Again!

Froog said...

Well, it's a huge relief to be rid of The Shrub; but I think it will be quite a while yet before we really start getting 'happy' again.

A lot of us in China feel a millennial sense of doom: this country could come apart at the seams in the next couple of years.