Friday, March 20, 2009

HBH 125

Tired of everything
'Cept the music. 'Round midnight,
Listening by the door.



I hope somebody got the reference (the best jazz film ever!). I have been sending the opening phrase of this out as text message quite a lot this past week (and getting depressed as hell that no-one recognised the quotation!).

Yes, I've had a hell of a week - where I suddenly had work again, and had lots going on in the evenings, and was horribly ill. And I forgot... that Panjir were on at Jiangjinjiu last night. But as I was walking past on the way home, I heard them, and stopped to listen for 10 or 15 minutes (outside the door). David has passed on in his travels, but Ekber is back and playing some new stuff - or old stuff in a new way. It was spell-binding, but I needed the sleep more. Next week....

No comments: