Monday, October 12, 2009

If it's October...

.... then it must be Oktoberfest!
 
Leather Britches, my little Austrian friend, invited me out to one such event at the weekend - but, alas, I was otherwise engaged. I believe the Paulaner Bräuhaus over at the Kempinski Hotel is celebrating the festival all this week - but I'm not enamoured of the place: the beer is painfully expensive, and the weissbier style doesn't appeal to me much (I'm always suspicious of beers you can't see through: far too often, it seems to me, they come out again much runnier and clearer than they went in).  Drei Kronen, I gather, is also doing a special promotion until this Saturday - but that place is such an irredeemable shitbox, I can't imagine many people going there even if they were giving the beer away (and they're NOT).
 
I suppose I've still got time to catch up on the seasonal Bavarian jollity, but... if I don't like the beer that much and I can't afford those premium prices.... why else would I go to such an event???  Ah, yes....

1 comment:

The Nag said...

Very good.