Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Farewell to.... The Farewell Party

I had been planning to have one last humongous bash at Froog Towers this weekend, to mark my moving out. I am long overdue for one, since it is over two-and-a-half years since my last major event. And the notion of having a wild party a matter of hours before I'm due to hand the keys back to my git of a landlord appealed to my wild sense of brinksmanship.

However, the stress involved in packing and moving has been even greater than I anticipated, and I fear I'm just a bit too done-in at the moment to go to all that trouble.

Also, I sent out an invitation - with a beseeching request to RSVP - the middle of last week, and, as of yesterday, I had received a grand total of only four replies (two of them in the negative).

It's really not worth the effort, is it? Maybe I will never throw a party again....

No comments: