Sunday, October 07, 2007

A quiet week?

I think of myself as having been mired in apathy and depression of late. I think of myself as having had an exceptionally inactive and unsociable sort of week. Or 10 days, in fact - because that's how long I've just had off work for the Chinese National Day holidays.

But then I reflect that I have in fact been out on 5 of those 10 nights: 2 gigs, 3 dinners, a speaker meeting, and assorted general debauchery. It's only by the rather frenetic standards I have established for myself in my recent life in Beijing (where it is not unknown for me to go out every single night of the week) that this counts as a quiet phase!

The week coming up looks set to be rather busier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, with our no meal eaten alone, no night without some outing... we set ourselves up for sorrow when a night comes to pass in which we have none but ourselves with which to be amused. Well, actually, i can deal with "1" night, 1 night is actually a pleasure, a rare treat, a self-indulgence. It's when those 1 nights start lining up and become 2 or 3 that I have to remind myself to not always be such the constant socialite and just enjoy the company of my thoughts. :)