Friday, October 05, 2007

SUBS rock!

I discover that there are a few clips of Beijing's best rock band, SUBS, popping up on YouTube now. They're not very long or very good, but..... at least it's something. This is probably the best of them. I fear it may not convince those of you who haven't yet seen them live (do, do, DO) how wonderful they are. The picture is mostly not great, and the sound quality is SHIT, but at least it gives you some sense of what a hyperkinetic sex-bomb their frontwoman Kang Mao is.

This looks like the gig I saw last month at MAO Live House, but I can't think where the elevated vantage point point would have been. No, the high camera angle and the tiny stage make me think this must have been D-22 (the most over-rated music bar in Beijing, and firmly on my 'Hate List'); I didn't know they'd played there recently (this is definitely KM's late summer '07 look). However, they are on there next Friday, so that's another date for my calendar (even though I loathe the venue, it will be fun to see them in such an intimate setting). Will probably have to arrive very early to be sure of getting in.

2 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

I am more of a Hoagie fan myself.

Froog said...

Are the Hoagies also a band? Probably, somewhere.

Are you now going to recite Homer's speech listing all the different names for a sandwich in the great United States?

I know the music sounds like shit on this vid, but trust me, LIVE they are well worth seeing. And the girl is hot.