Friday, November 16, 2007

HBH 53

Parties passed over,
Tempting invitations spurned.
A sick man indeed!


I didn't even make it to Jianghu last night, despite a pair of simultaneous, though separate, inveiglements to do so. Nor did I make it to Big Chris's poker school. Or the Beaujolais Nouveau beano at the Alliance Francaise. Nor to the Hungarian Film Festival. Nor even to one of my local little bars for a brief mid-evening pick-me-up.

This must be the first Thursday in quite some time that I haven't been out. It's not a good sign. I am a very poorly fellow at the moment, and largely keeping to my bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you, your absence, and your health came up last night at JH.

I think I promised on the Flat to elaborate here, but really, just wanted to say you were missed and that we all hope you feel better soon. JH stories can wait for another day/another post.