Friday, November 16, 2007

"It is better to burn out than to fade away...."

I am not quite at death's door any more, but still within easy crawling distance of it.

However, buoyed up by a self-administered regimen of super-powerful painkillers, antihistamines and antibiotics, I'm starting to think to myself, "Well you wouldn't really want to die in bed, would you? Far better to go out in a blaze of glory, quaffing till the wee small hours in some favourite divey bar!"

And it just so happens that the very wonderful Ziyo are supposed to be playing in 2 Kolegas tonight..... Start working on my obituaries now.

"He was just a boy who couldn't say 'No'."

7 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

Father forgive me, I am a worm...

Anonymous said...

ah! 2 Kolegas! No way I was going to get out from under my warm duvet to traipse allll the way over there. feeling less regretful about a misd night of gigging.

but how was it?

TBC,

I loved Highlander (I assume that reference was more Highlander and less Psalm 22:6-8)

The British Cowboy said...

You are redeemed, Tulsa. Redeemed I tell you!

8 pm. Friday night. Sat waiting on the other side to file the jury instructions.

Hope you are improving, Froog.

Froog said...

Physically, yes. Morally, no.

I hope your jury do what they're told, Cowboy.

Anonymous said...

Morally, no.

oh my, can't wait to hear what that's all about... what amoral behavior could this asexual, uber-honest, socially conscientious unsuitable role model possibly have gotten himself into? I'm a loss for ideas.

Anonymous said...

"I hope your jury do what they're told, Cowboy."

My thought also. Its a strange state of affairs that you brief them TBC.

Glad to hear you survived and that your Coco hazed ordeal didn't tempt you to repent.

The British Cowboy said...

It's not really briefing them. But patent law is very complicated (so much so I have no clue about it). Therefore, the jury needs to know for what it is looking. And therein lies the dispute.

There are, of course, model instructions. However, the law changes pretty rapidly, and so those instructions need updating. And there is great dispute between the parties as to the appropriate updates.

AS far as Highlander goes, never has a tag line for a movie been so unintentionally appropriate when viewed in terms of the sequels.