Friday, November 30, 2007

Once more unto The Pharmacy

Beijing's best, weirdest band - Glorious Pharmacy - are playing together again, after a long separation. Their reunion a month or so back was alleged to be a one-off event, a special favour for some friends who were throwing a 'leaving Beijing' party; but..... it was obvious they so enjoyed playing together that I figured that wouldn't be the last time.

They're on at one of my neighbourhood music bars, Jiangjinjiu, tonight. The place is pretty tiny, and likely to be jammed. I'm getting a small party together, and we're aiming to get there at least an hour or so early, to try to bag a table. (I can only mention this here on the blog because so few people are reading this. The event would be completely swamped if there were too much advance publicity.)

Review to follow shortly. Maybe I should get myself a video camera and become a YouTuber.... There's still disappointingly little film of Chinese music (apart from MandoPop crud) on there.

No comments: