Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Highlight of the Week

In these grim times, it's good to have something to look forward to.

The excellent MAO Live House is staging a show this Friday with the intriguingly mangled title:
"Let's Girl With Rocks."

Hmmm, yes, well.... The concept behind this Chinglish obscurity is, however, delightfully simple: let's put together a bill of top bands led by super-sexy female singers. I think we can all relate to that!

And so we have SUBS, Ziyo, Queen Sea Big Shark - and a new band I've never heard of before, called 24-hr Party People.

This is perhaps too much wonderfulness all at one time: I fear it may induce the gig-goers' (and sexy-lead-singer idolaters') equivalent of an ice-cream headache! But no, it should be a good night. A very good night. And I think I will most definitely be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HaHa... i love that mangled title.

I sorely want to come out to play Fri at Mao, but I think for once I need a quiet Fri night... Those Sat morning Chinese classes are tough when I don't get to bed until 3am. Plus, Saturday is going to be *packed* after I get out of class!! I'll end the Sat day with 2K, though.

You coming out to 2K on Sat Night for Black Cat Bone?